The glitz and glamour of Hollywood was in full swing at the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. Platinum jewelry, the naturally white setting that truly enhances the brilliance of diamonds and colored gemstones, perfectly complemented the sea of colorful couture gowns worn by the world’s most famous actors.
According to celebrity stylist Micaela Erlanger, “Statement jewelry designs set in platinum were popular at the show and made an impact on tonight’s metallic carpet. Whether it was Jennifer Lopez’s cascading diamond necklace, Charlize Theron’s bracelet worn as a hairpiece, Reese Witherspoon’s link bracelet, or Lupita Nyong’o’s diamond rings, the stars really came out glammed and ready to shine.”
Leading red carpet jewelry brands such as Cartier, Harry Winston, Tiffany & Co., and Fred Leighton chose to style A-list celebrities in naturally white platinum.
Hollywood A-listers who selected platinum jewelry to celebrate their achievements include:
Jennifer Lopez in Harry Winston set in Platinum
Wearing over $9 million of Harry Winston jewelry set in platinum.
- Cascading drop necklace with diamonds (73.55 carats), set in platinum.
- Line drop earrings with diamonds (13.77 carats), set in platinum.
- Wire diamond bracelet with round brilliant, pear- and marquise-shaped diamonds (59.27 carats), set in platinum.
- Secret cluster bracelet with diamonds (35.42 carats), set in platinum.
- Cushion-cut diamond ring (15.99 carats), set in platinum.
- Lotus cluster ring with diamonds (1.26 carats), set in platinum.
Charlize Theron in Platinum by Tiffany & Co.
Wearing $4 million of Tiffany & Co. jewelry set in platinum
- Earrings with diamonds (over 11 carats), set in platinum
- Bracelet with diamonds (over 19 carats), set in platinum
- Ring with diamonds (over 6 carats), set in platinum (priced at $900,000)
- Tiffany Victoria® mixed cluster bracelet with diamonds, set in platinum (priced at $150,000) *worn in her hair.
- Tiffany & Co. Schlumberger® engagement ring with diamonds, set in platinum (priced at $52,900)
- Tiffany Victoria line bracelet with diamonds, set in platinum ($15,500)
Reese Witherspoon in Harry Winston set in Platinum
- Earstuds with emerald-cut diamonds (6.32 carats), set in platinum.
- Bracelet with diamond links (6.78 carats), set in platinum
- Crossover diamond ring (1.67 carats), set in platinum
- River diamond ring (2.58 carats), set in platinum
All over the world, designers prefer precious platinum to create master pieces because of its versatility, and because it is the most secure setting for any precious gemstone. Platinum is one of the rarest metals & always stand out making a distinctive style statement. Celebrities worldwide have been donning exquisite platinum designs for star-studded events, red carpet and other appearances to capture their most glamorous and memorable moments.